Cost To Design a Mobile App?
With the increase in technology, the products are getting better and better over time. The invention of smartphones added the benefit of owning the sophistication of a PC in the smallest possible size which can be carried along in pockets and with almost half of the price.
According to a report, more than half of the world population owns a mobile and a mobile user consumes 2X more on-screen time than PC user. Another study shows that number has doubled in the last 5 years.
Mobile has become a part of our day-to-day life. This has also enabled the online businesses to penetrate through different layers of society and reach the prospective buyers too. Buying or availing services online has become more of a trend in the last few years. So, it has just become more sensible for businesses running online to have a mobile web application. There are plenty of reasons for doing this so today we are going to find an answer to a much more complex question i.e. how much does a mobile application cost?
The answer to this might be unpleasing to some readers. Well, because there is no single answer to this question. It totally depends upon the needs of the client. There are numerous features, functionalities, platforms etc available today and every client has to steer through to find out what blend would suit him/her best.
Before development of the App begins, comprehensive sessions are arranged to get a rough outline of application which can clear its purpose, users of the App, integration properties, User experience expectations and the interface design. Only after clearing these points, project is further carried.
These and numerous other factors play a very important role in the cost and time needed to develop the mobile application.
Where are your customers?
The most important part of your business model is to know your customer. It is easily possible to lose focus on what customers need. You won’t make any money out of an app if there is no demand. Found the market? Now let’s determine the monetization strategy.
Paid apps, free apps or e-commerce?
E-commerce is the marketplace revenue model based mostly selling their own products or earning commissions from sellers listed on the app.
Paid apps make upfront money through downloads.
The ability to generate revenue or even cover the cost of developing the app largely depends on the number of time the app is downloaded.
Free apps are free to download from the app stores but have a different revenue generation model. They are free to download from the app stores but have a different revenue generation model.
Types of Applications
A mobile app, is a software program developed to perform, specifically on mobile devices and tablets.
Essentially, it may perform the same tasks as your website but the process is made significantly more efficient and user-friendly. But not all apps are the same. There are three types of mobile application-
- Web Application: Several surveys have found evidence that over 80% of smartphone users prefer apps over mobile websites. Web apps are your websites optimized for mobile phone users.
- Native Application: A native application is a type of mobile app developed for specific operating systems that is either Android or IOS and can be downloaded from the Apple store or Google PlayStore.
- Hybrid Application: A relatively simple app to develop, a hybrid app functions on a single programming language and can work on both platforms.They are relatively easier to develop and manage.
Now that you have decided the type of application, it’s time to figure out what platform to use.
The app can be made accessible across several platforms like IOS, Android, Windows, and Web or all of the above. The answer to this depends on where the customer is. Android and Apple IOS have significantly different interfaces and systems, so apps developed for these platforms are definitely different.
The Functionalities of the App:
As mobile apps are becoming more and more advanced, there is virtually no limit to what an app can do.
The cost, therefore, can start at a few hundred dollars and go to more than thousands.
There are three categories that may define applications broadly, apps these days are so distinct that it may not be possible to have definitive categories that incorporate them all.
Take into account the following types of App:
- A List App – This app is a mobile-optimized version of the website and will generally list out in various categories, all the information.
- A Dynamic App – These apps work alongside other platforms and applications through APIs. They need to be connected to a server to gather the information from the app.
- Games – There are the most complex apps to develop and arguably the most expensive. With complex games using Artificial Intelligence and other technologies, the price are definitely going to be a lot.
Features in the App:
When you have decided what your app should do – i.e. the basic functionality, selecting the features that are needed come into play.
- Login – Including this feature prompts app ask for login via email or by phone no. after downloading. Most apps will have this feature. This can be the same as Facebook using email id or phone no.
- Profile – This feature helps clients to create a virtual identity of each user. Thereby personalize the experience according to his preferences and likes.
- Push notifications – This keeps the user updated with what’s new on the app.
- Chatbots – It is a user-friendly and trending new way of generating leads and converting sales. It helps new users find what it desires and keeps the interaction on. A lot of web design companies in the UK have reported its positive impact in their recent projects after including this feature.
- Social Integration – Integrating social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc makes the app easier to use and also helps clients to understand likes and dislikes of its users.
- Geo-positioning – For certain apps, geotagging can be an essential feature. For example, ferry ride apps like Uber work entirely on geo-location.
All these apps and other bells and whistles that come along consume a lot of time and resources which in turn increase the cost of the overall App. Development.
Visual Design and UI/UX:
Whether it is a date, a new car or the virtual design of an app, the first impression counts. It can be a maker or a deal-breaker. The importance of good design exceeds what an app looks like, it’s about the experience. We have helped multiple clients across globe work with the best web designer for hiring in Australia and the result was overwhelming.
But great designs come at a price. You will note serious differences in the designs of $200 designer and $2000 designer, and to make an app look fantastic shelling out a few dollar is an investment rather than a cost. Graphic design is indeed important, after all User Experience is everything. How your app performs its functionality and how easily navigable it is will depend on the UX development. For this you will need to contact the top mobile app development company in the business.
Developing a mobile application takes a lot of time and planning towards it in order to produce an effective and usable application. This process should not be slighted and it is done best with professional advice and consultation.
ZuZuCodes is one of the best custom web design company which provides its services in multiple countries like Australia, the U.S.A ,the U.K. etc. Over the years we have tried to find various methods to reduce overall cost at our client’s end and have succeeded by forming an outstanding outsourcing network. We have been voted as one of the best outsourcing web development in the UAE twice. Depending upon the requirements and budget we are duty bounded to provide most realistic solution. So feel free to contact us and get an estimate for your app.